BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Thann Rae Dauterive
Sandra Celli Harris
BECOME A VOLUNTEER TODAY!
Volunteers contribute substantially to the work and mission of the ICCC, and the ICCC staff works closely with volunteers to make the experience rewarding and engaging for the volunteers, members and the community which the ICCC serves.
Thank you for your interest in becoming a volunteer for the Italian Cultural & Community Center (ICCC). The ICCC is a nonprofit corporation that was established in 1982. Our purpose is to advance, celebrate and preserve the Italian culture and heritage for all Houstonians through educational, cultural and social programs, as well as, scholarships for graduating high school students. The ICCC offers an array of programs, including language classes, educational lectures, educational culinary and wine classes, art exhibits, films, children’s interdisciplinary activities and special holiday events at the ICCC’s Milford House, located in the heart of the Museum District at 1101 Milford. The Milford House is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and is designated as a City of Houston Landmark.
The ICCC’s Board of Directors and staff are composed of dedicated professionals with many years of experience in areas relevant to the ICCC’s mission and goals. As the Center’s programs and community involvement continue to expand, the contributions of volunteers have become increasingly important. The ICCC Board of Directors and staff thank you for your commitment and dedication to making our united vision a reality.
Why you should volunteer at the ICCC:
- You will be an essential part of the ICCC and will contribute to its growth!
- You will discover more about authentic Italian Culture, Cuisine and Traditions!
- You will meet many new friends that share your same passion for Italy and everything Italian!
- After 10 Volunteer activities/ events you will receive a 10% discount to participate to one upcoming event
Who can volunteer at the ICCC?
- Is over 21 of age
- Loves interacting and cooperating with other people
- Loves Italian Culture and Heritage
What do Volunteers do?
We organize different types of events in which you can be involved. Pick the activities you would like to do, and we will be happy to interview you and add you to our Volunteer database.
- Room setup for events
- Food preparation
- Wine pouring
- Table running
- Dish washing and drying
- Volunteer at our Annual Houston Italian Festival