The ICCC Language School - Scuola D'Italiano
The Italian Language School is a professional institution which teaches and promotes the Italian language and culture. Italian language classes are held year-round for adults and children and range from beginner to advanced level. View 2018 - 2019 class schedules.
All our Faculty teachers are native Italians and highly qualified. Their loyalty to the school and our programs is rewarded so as to guarantee a quality standard and promote a common goal of continuous improvement. The Italian Language School is the only Institution in town recognized by the Italian government. To download the school registration form, please click here.
The Italian Language School works by sessions. Each level is taught in one session. Each session comprises a seven-week course. Students meet once or twice a week for two hours from 6:30 to 8:30 pm. Following the European Framework of Reference (CEFR), each course develops skills of speaking, listening, reading, and writing. Daytime classes can be planned, if requests meet the required number needed for a class. A minimum of 5 students per class is required. Class size is limited to 10 students to ensure each person has the opportunity to interact with the group and the teacher. All groups are requested to start with a "Basic Users Session 1".
View 2017 - 2018 class schedules.
Classes for Adults
We offer private tutoring as well as full immersion courses and corporate training. Courses take place at the Italian Language School in the Italian Cultural and Community Center. Corporate courses and private tutoring, at special request, can also be held off premises according to specific needs and requirements.
- BASIC USER
- A1 (Sessions 1 - 2 – 3)
- Students learn everyday expressions and very basic phrases, and use them in order to exchange information about personal details (such as where he/she lives, people he/she knows, things he/she has). At the end of the third session, students can engage in a simple conversation aimed at the satisfaction of needs of a concrete type.
- A2 (Sessions 1 - 2 – 3 – 4)
- Students understand and use expressions related to personal and family information, shopping, local geography, employment. They can engage in a conversation about these topics and can describe their personal background, the immediate environment and areas of immediate need.
- A1 (Sessions 1 - 2 – 3)
- INDEPENDENT USER
- B1 (Sessions 1 - 2 – 3)
- Students can deal with the majority of situations likely to arise whilst traveling in the area where the language is spoken. They can also produce simple texts on topics of personal interest, and can describe events, experiences, as well as their dreams and hopes.
- B2 (Session 1 - 2 – 3 – 4)
- Students can engage in discussions in their field of specialization, as well as on most topics of both concrete and abstract nature. They can speak with a degree of fluency that makes interaction with native speakers possible without strain for either party. They can also read and produce texts on a wide range of subjects.PROFICIENT USER
- C1 (Session 1 – 2 – 3)
- Students can express themselves on a wide range of topics in a fluent and spontaneous way for social, academic and professional purposes. They can read and produce longer, detailed texts on complex subjects, showing controlled use of organizational patterns, connectors and cohesive devices.
- B1 (Sessions 1 - 2 – 3)
According to the CFER classification the book for the BASIC USERS classes is : "Progetto Italiano" - Livello 1 - T. Marin, S. Magnelli ed. Edilingua. For the INDIPENDENT USERS classes is: "Progetto Italiano" - Livello 2 - T. Marin, S. Magnelli ed. Edilingua
ITALIAN FOR TRAVELERS CLASSES
This course is targeted to provide travelers with the basics of the language and commutation skills. The Italian for Travelers class is a six-week intensive course, which meets once a week and each session lasts two hours, for a total of 12 hours. For available dates, please call the school (713-524-4222 ext. 2).
The School provides private (one student - one teacher) and semi private (two students - one teacher) tutoring classes according to the needs and the schedule of the students. Lessons are usually held at the Italian Language School but instruction can be made available offsite upon request. At the start of the course the teacher and the student discuss and agree on the program and the number of hours needed to reach the student's target.
Corporate courses are held at the Italian Language School or at a Company's site. The School provides an initial assessment to study the Company's goal and specific needs. Special packages and total immersion tutoring can also be provided.
Classes for Children
Each sessions comprises a six week program, once a week for 2 hours. Classes are held on Saturday morning (9.30 to 11.30 am). The School accepts children from 3 to 11 years of age (children are split according to age).
FIRST GRADE CLASSES (6 - 8 years and 9 - 11 years)
The major goal of the first - grade classroom is to extend students’ abilities to work independently and in groups while they learn how to read and write in Italian.
As the year progresses, first graders read with more fluency and write with more confidence as well as they will also develop a mathematical number sense, an understanding of the scientific process. Lessons incorporate multimedia, and videos to support classroom instruction and keep students engaged.
KINDERGARTEN CLASSES (3 - 5 years)
The purpose of the Kindergarten class is to promote the development of autonomy and competence of each child.
The kindergarten, contributes to the education, building 3 to 5 year old children's emotional, social, cognitive, and affective skills.
Our curriculum is based on helping children to explore, communicate, and create, focusing on the following development aspects (perceptual, motor, cognitive, emotional, affective and social).
Our five fields of expertise around teachers organize and implement the various school activities are:
- 1.- The sense of her/himself, and the others
- 2.- The body in motion
- 3.- Awareness of new words through conversations
- 4.- Language, creativity, expression
- 5.- Sense of community and cultural awareness
Contact the School
- Phone: 713-524-4222 Ext. 2
- Email: Language School Coordinator