Upcoming Italian Cinema Events
Past Italian Cinema Events
Classes are in English. The films are in Italian with English subtitles.
Registration opens Monday, January 11, 2016
Registration closes Thursday, March 18, 2016
on Eventbrite or call 713-524-4222 ext. 7
- Thursday, March 24: Introduction to Italian Cinema by Sandra Celli Harris – “A Voyage to Italy” M. Scorsese, 2001
- Thursday, March 31: Exploring the Boundaries of Neo-realism by Livia Bornigia – “Riso Amaro” Giuseppe De Santis, 1949
- Thursday, April 7: Italian Cinema and the 1960s by Sandra Celli Harris – “L’Avventura” Michelangelo Antonioni, 1960
- Thursday, April 14: Magical Realism by Livia Bornigia – “Amarcord” Federico Fellini, 1973
- Thursday, April 21: Italian Comedy by Sandra Celli Harris – “Divorzio all’Italiana” Pietro Germi, 1961
- Thursday, April 28: Spaghetti Western by Livia Bornigia – “Il buono, il brutto e il cattivo” Sergio Leone, 1966
Sandra Celli Harris: Sandra Celli Harris is a retired Instructional Assistant Professor in the Italian Studies Program in the Department of Modern and Classical Languages at the University of Houston. She has a Master of Arts degree in French Literature and Language from the University of Houston. Her fields of interest are Italian Language Studies, Contemporary Italian Literature, Cinema Studies, Italian Emigration Studies and Italian Opera. Currently she keeps busy with coaching Italian language in the UH Moores School of Music Opera Productions. Sandra serves on the Board of Directors of the ICCC and does film introductions and presentations at the ICCC.