Interested in starting a new club?
Submit the following to the Board of the Federation:
- The proposed club by-laws
- The number of individuals you currently have that are interested in joining
- Names of the founding officers & their office
- A short written statement on how your club would benefit the Federation
Since January 2003 the Federation has been operating under a new set of by-laws. Under these new by-laws clubs can no longer be “members”.
The Board, however, decided to accept new clubs under an affiliated status. This means that in order to retain “affiliation” and the privileges listed below the club must:
- During the first year of affiliation all club members and new club members which join during that year must also become members of the Federation. After the first year, the club must continue to encourage their members to become members of the Federation.
- Every year Club members must work a booth/area designated by the Festival Committee at the Italian Festival. Club members must be encouraged to participate in and volunteer at Federation events.
*The Board meets every third Thursday of the month and will consider new applications at that time.
Benefits Received by the Club if Associated with the ICCC Include:
- Free use of the ICCC for monthly club meetings (specific guidelines apply)
- Listing in the club news section of the LaVoce
- Events/Meetings held at the ICCC will be listed in the ICCC monthly calendar which is mailed to all Federation members<
- Your club may place your literature (1 brochure title) in the Federation’s Information/Membership booth at the Italian Festival
- Club listing and Genral Info on the ICCC website (Club presidents, email us to link yours.)
Get Your Club Listed
For those that are affiliated with the Federation of Italian-American Organizations of Greater Houston and would like to have their information included email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out the National Italian American Foundation for other Italian and Italian-American Organizations